- At Pixelz, we help brands and retailers effortlessly retouch product images for e-commerce to boost their online sales and reduce returns.
- We've spent years investing in people and developing software to create post-production’s greatest ever timesaver, S.A.W.™, a digital production platform and traffic control system powered by AI and specialized retouchers. The result is a retouching service offering unprecedented speed, consistency, and scalability.
- We’re trusted by leading brands in every category and have retouched 30 million product images and counting. Pixelz was founded in Denmark but is now found locally, thanks to offices in 6 countries hosting a team of 700 people globally.
- Our vision is to change the way product image editing and studio management is handled in organizations the world over, leading to transformational change for our customers, from the bottom line to effective time management.
- If you share our passion for fashion photography and retouching, and if you are excited about working closely with the world-class fashion brands, here is a unique opportunity for you!
- The Senior Retoucher is responsible for retouching/manipulating digital images to produce a high-quality output for print and web as well as quality control based on client specifications.
- This position is only for highly detailed individuals with flexibility in doing what is required to deliver the highest quality of production work and possess the availability.
TOP JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retouch assigned digital images to client’s and Pixelz’ standards
- Nondestructive retouching workflows. Color match and color correct models, products and props
- Utilise natural beauty retouching techniques on high-end fashion and advertising imagery.
- Create complex composite images, with multiple varying exposures.
- Experience with monitor calibration and ICC proofing profiles is a plus
- Review Client Specifications and notes on retouching and execution
- Make final edits to images as needed
- Comply with all work processes and procedures to meet the desired end result
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and standards
- Responsible to keep abreast with industry and software changes and updates, continually developing retouching skills
- Proactively assist in problem-solving within the team and across departments
- Work successfully within a close, collaborative team environment and must exhibit professional conduct consistent with the values of the Company
- Suggest ways to optimise retouching workflow. Take initiative and be proactive.
EXPECTED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / MINDSET
- 5+ years of retouching experience in an agency or production company
- Advanced understanding of photography and lighting
- Experience in the fashion & beauty industry and/or e-commerce
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop, layers, masks, paths, color correction tools, actions and non-destructive workflow
- Expert knowledge in Capture One Pro and other RAW editing software is a plus
- Experience in pre-press, CMYK color space and proofing is a plus
- Solid foundation of color theory, grading and composition
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to make sound decisions with limited information; ability to work independently in a team environment is a plus
- Ability to respond well to changing priorities, workflows and information
- Advanced English skills is a plus